Purchasing a sectional sofa is a worthwhile investment. A sofa sectional is one of the most multi-functional pieces of furniture. They eliminate the need for the requisite spacing between furniture pieces. This allows for increased seating capacity in a relatively smaller space. Furthermore, sectionals can also alternate between a lounging, recliner and a sleeping space! They are a very comfortable addition to any home.
Additionally, sofa sectionals come in a variety of styles and sizes. Plus, they can be broken down and individual ‘sections’ can be relocated to in different arrangements. Hence they can decoratively occupy any space or room layout you place them in.
At Sohomod we hope to ease furniture hunting for our customers as easy as we can. The following tips are aimed in that direction.
Before You Buy a Sectional Sofa
Space remains the biggest consideration and a major reason for the decision to buy a sectional sofa. Therefore measure and understand the layout of the space you want the new sectional to call its home.
• Know the exact dimensions of the sofa that can fit in the available space.
• Know exactly where and how you want to place it in the room and exactly where it will go.
• Be clear on the choices you will entertain for fabric and style
• Be clear on the budget you are willing to spend.
These considerations will narrow down your search option beforehand. They will add clarity of thought and increase your confidence when you enter a showroom. It is likely that the eye watering range of sofa sectionals may pull you in unplanned directions. Yet, you can be sure that they will not instill anxiety and consequent indecisiveness that you would definitely face if you start unprepared.
Choosing a Sectional Sofa
The first image at the thought of a sectional is an image of one long flexible sofa. Though not completely off the mark, this is not always the case. This is only one style of a sofa sectional. Sectional sofas come in a diverse range of shapes, sizes, and styles to accommodate your needs.
By taking into consideration the space and budget involved, and the desired seating capacity you can ask for the right style. Major types or combinations include:
• Sectional and Chaise Lounge. A popular choice in which one end of the sectional sofa comes out into a lounge. This can be seen as a comfortable perched space that adds a modern touch to it.
• Recliner Sectional Sofa. It is one of the most deluxe sectionals. They prove extremely useful if space limits sofas and recliners are used separately. Additionally some recliner sectional sofas have a reclining chaise for additional comfort.
• Sectionals with Pieces. Some sectional sofas can be separated into multiple parts which can be re arranged to suit buyer needs. This also makes the sectional sofa easier to move.
• Sleeper Sectional Sofa. As mentioned earlier sectionals can be multi-purposes. A sleeper is a good way for accommodating guests. They can be turned into complete queen sized beds in minutes.
• Circular Sectional Sofa. At last! Now we can claim ‘we told you so!’ that not all sectionals are one long sofa. A fresh modern and fun take on standard sectionals.
Though your personal style, taste, color choice, and budget reign above everything else, quality and shape of the sectional sofa should be your practical concerns when you buy a sectional sofa.
Visit our online store and see our Sofa Sectional’s selection.
Leave a Reply