A headboard serves several functions – it can be decorated to add visual appeal to the bedroom, it provides you storage space, and it also offers support because of its solid wooden or metallic construction that can be very beneficial for people who have a chronic backache. Considering all these advantages, the decision to buy a headboard for your bed can be a great way to add style and functionality to your home.
This article provides you information about buying a headboard, such as headboard styles, headboard materials, and types of headboards. So, read on and buy the right headboard for your room.
When it comes to selecting the right headboard style, there are a number of options to consider. From oval shaped headboards to fabric headboards and four poster headboards, the options are virtually limitless. You should select a headboard style that complements your bed and the theme of your bedroom. For example, if you want to give a more chic and contemporary look, scrolled metal headboards will be perfect for you. On the other hand, if you’re looking for vintage headboards, you should select the ones that are made from wood.
Typically, headboards are of three types depending on the material used in their construction – wooden headboards, upholstered headboards, and metal headboards.
- Wooden Headboards – Wooden headboards offer great durability and can be an unusual and elegant addition to any room. Contrary to popular belief, these are very budget friendly and can be painted in any color to complement the existing bedroom décor.
- Upholstered or Fabric Headboards – Different types of fabrics are used in the construction of upholstered headboards, such as leather, velvet, linen, microfiber, or leatherette. Just like wood headboards, fabric headboards are available in a number of colors and patterns so you can choose the one that matches your room.
- Metal Headboards – Metallic headboards look modern and beautiful. These can take up the look of a simple frame or a more intricate, detailed design that adds an elegant charm to the bedroom. Headboards with metal construction can also be painted to suit the bedroom theme, but these look perfect when left in their natural state.
There are a number of types of headboards available online and in stores. We are listing the two most commonly purchased types here.
- Storage Headboards – As the name suggests, these headboards have storage capacity, and as a result, they are larger in size than most of the other types. These can be made of wood or iron and have drawers or small shelves inside.
- Bookcase Headboards – These headboards are taller than the average headboard. They have shelves to place books and small drawers which can be used to store small things, such as reading glasses or a notebook.